On November 28th on their home court, the Saints were edged by the Minutemen, 64-63. Siena did well early, up 34-24 at halftime, but the team could not push through to the end, allowing Massachusetts to retake the lead and get the win.
While the Saints weren't supposed to win, it was a relatively closer than expected. Last year, Siena lost 82-78.
Massachusetts grabbed the advantage by crushing Siena in offensive rebounding and also winning turnover margin.
Massachusetts pulled down 14 big offensive rebounds compared to eight by Siena, and that created a shooting gap. The Minutemen were more aggressive on defense, with 16 takeaways compared to 11 for the Saints.
Evan Hymes led the Saints scoring with 15 points on 35% shooting in 39 minutes. O.D Anosike topped both teams with 13 rebounds.
The Saints now drop to 2-5. This adds to their current streak of 3 losses in a row.
Next on the schedule is Albany at home on December 1st.
- Rob Poole has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- The Saints set season highs for steals and three point percentage.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 7 games this season.
- The Saints have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 7 games.
- Evan Hymes has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 7 games this season.
Massachusetts Game Notes:
- Terrell Vinson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Chaz Williams's career.
- The Minutemen won this one, but have lost 0 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points.
- Sampson Carter set a career high with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Maxie Esho recorded the 1st double digit rebound game of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Evan Hymes
, O.D Anosike